Arts and Entertainment
- Written by Jodi Brak Jodi Brak
- Published: 09 November 2016 09 November 2016
Calgary has nearly all of the pieces in place to become a powerful figure in the Canadian music scene. There are artists from nearly every genre here in Calgary, if you know where to look. There are recording studios ranging from state-of-the-art DIY setups to award-winning commercial spaces that record international touring acts and local legends alike.
- Written by Sarah Allen Sarah Allen
- Published: 05 November 2016 05 November 2016
With many local markets featuring handmade goods to choose from, the popular online-shopping website Etsy Made in Canada stands out from the crowd.
- Written by Kiah Lucero Kiah Lucero
- Published: 04 November 2016 04 November 2016
The annual Asian multicultural event, Illuminasia, returned to the Calgary Zoo this year, illuminating the grounds with cultural décor, lights and brand new additions to the live show lineup.
- Written by Anna Junker Anna Junker
- Published: 03 November 2016 03 November 2016
Sofar Sounds is a worldwide, non-profit music organization with an aim to bring the focus back on the music. Sofar began in London after founders Rafe Offer, Rocky Start and Dave Alexander realized that no one was really listening to bands that were playing at local bars and pubs.