- Written by Stephanie Hagenaars Stephanie Hagenaars
- Published: 10 December 2016 10 December 2016
Defeating the right-wing label
Jeromy Farkas, a member of the LGBTQ community and an environmentalist, has left the Wildrose Calgary-Elbow constituency to run for city council. He feels that the current city council members do not represent Calgary’s younger and more diverse demographic.
- Written by Skye Anderson Skye Anderson
- Published: 07 November 2016 07 November 2016
Turning 18 often presents an exciting new chapter in our lives, but this legal transition into adulthood also comes with many responsibilities. Pressures such as rent, food, utilities, healthcare, and even education can become heavy burdens during these initial adult years.
- Written by Kyle Pura Kyle Pura
- Published: 21 March 2016 21 March 2016
Online comments criticize city council’s pay raise
Calgary’s city council received an automatic increase to their salary by 0.88 per cent at the beginning of 2016, bringing the councillors’ salaries to $116,313 and the mayor’s salary to $218,285. In the previous year the salary increase was 3.8 per cent.
- Written by Melanie Walsh Melanie Walsh
- Published: 09 September 2015 09 September 2015
Camp fYrefly is a four-day leadership retreat for LGBTQ youth
Camp fYrefly is Canada's first and only leadership retreat for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans-identified, two-spirited, intersexed, queer, questioning and allied youth.