- Written by Isabelle Bennett Isabelle Bennett
- Published: 01 February 2017 01 February 2017
Thomas Conrick dreamt of becoming a sailor ever since he was a little boy, which led him to enlist in the merchant navy during the Second World War. During his time in the navy, Conrick lost most of his friends and developed numerous health problems, yet he still recalls his experience at war as some of the best years of his life.
Now 89, Conrick shares his experiences with his family and through volunteering at the Calgary Military Museum.
- Written by Whitney Cullingham and Izaiah Reyes Whitney Cullingham and Izaiah Reyes
- Published: 24 January 2017 24 January 2017
Beer is what Village Brewery knows.
But for the five-year-old microbrewery started in Calgary by five guys, they strive to remain true to the community and give back while they begin expanding their brand into other parts of Alberta.
- Written by Nathan Kunz Nathan Kunz
- Published: 23 January 2017 23 January 2017
As a teenager, Will Reeb made his first Elvis jumpsuit with his sister using a generic pattern and bell-bottom pants.
Over 40 years and 20 jumpsuits later, Reeb still dons the King’s wardrobe, now as his full-time work uniform.