Tart and sweet make up the flavours for this baked good
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup milk
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp each, baking soda and salt
1/2 cup soft butter, cut into cubes
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, cut in half if large
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 220 C (425 F).
2. In a bowl, stir lemon juice into milk; set aside. In a large bowl, combine 2-3/4 cups of flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut butter in small squares and add to the dry ingredients and stir until mixture is crumbly. Pour in milk mixture; stir until a soft, sticky dough forms.
3. Gently knead in cranberries, if the batter is too sticky, sprinkle some flour into the batter and continue.
4. Sprinkle the extra ¼ cup of flour onto a clean surface and place dough on top. With a cookie cutter, cut dough until it is used up.
5. Bake for 18 minutes. Let cool for five minutes.
6. Melt the white chocolate and with a fork, drizzle over the cooled-off scones.