A Mexican drink converted into one dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 4 oz of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour (all purpose and whole wheat both work)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together, set aside to cool. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, vanilla and eggs until blended. Pour in the cooled chocolate mix and whisk. In a medium bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, chili powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne powder. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until batter is well mixed together. Pour in the chocolate chips.
- Make small balls, approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons in size, and place one inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes and let cool for five before serving.