The greatest outdoor show on earth will be back with a musical bang this July.
In front of a crowd of more than 1,000 screaming fans, the Calgary Stampede announced its annual Coke Stage lineup for the 2014 Calgary Stampede at Flames Central on May 22.
The roster consists of prominent Canadian artists representing a variety of different musical backgrounds and genres.
– Said the Whale (Thursday, July 3 Sneak-A-Peak)
– Matthew Good (Friday, July 4)
– Classified (Saturday, July 5)
– Tokyo Police Club (Sunday, July 6)
– Marianas Trench (Monday, July 7)
– Monster Truck (Tuesday, July 8)
– Down With Webster (Wednesday, July 9)
– A Great Big World (Thursday, July 10)
– Chad Brownlee (Friday, July 11)
– Dallas Smith (Friday, July 11)
– The Trews (Saturday, July 12)
– Billy Talent (Sunday, July 13)
Said the Whale and Tokyo Police Club surprised the audience by taking the stage at Flames Central to perform a few songs.
Photo by Paulina Liwski“This year’s incredible lineup on the Coca-Cola Stage is jam-packed with artists from all over North America who are blowing up the music scene,” says Lindsay Ell, production manager of the Coca-Cola Covert Concert.
“From indie and pop to hip-hop, country and rock, there is an artist on this stage for absolutely every music fan.”
Previous artists who have played on the Coke stage during the Calgary Stampede are: OneRepublic, Natasha Beddingfield, The Plain White T’s, Barenaked Ladies and Nelly Furtado.
The 2014 Calgary Stampede runs from July 4 – 13.