A new take on your family’s favourite flapjacks
Pancakes and bacon are key items for most Stampede breakfast gatherings, but why serve them separate when you can mix them together? This recipe is a personal favorite that has family and friends wanting more and can be made with different ingredients depending on your dietary range. It makes four large pancakes and can easily be doubled.
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 cup of all purpose flour/ whole wheat flour/ coconut flour
- 2 tbsp of white sugar/ brown sugar OR 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup of butter, melted
- Canola oil
- 4 strips of bacon (regular, chicken, beef and turkey bacon all work)
- Start cooking the bacon.
- Mix together milk and white vinegar together is a small bowl, set aside for five minutes.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Whisk egg into the milk and white vinegar mixture.
- Add the cooled down melted butter, do not mix if the butter is still hot or it will cook the egg.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter is lumpy, do not over mix.
- Once the bacon is done, crumble and mix into pancake batter, add canola oil to a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add a quarter cup of batter to the pan.
- Flip pancake over, once both sides are brown serve with syrup and a citrus fruit and enjoy.