A carmel twist on this time-honoured recepie
Originally found in the Atco Blue Flame Kitchen, this recipe has been altered to become a family favourite. The cola adds a sweet, caramel twist to baked beans that serves 12.
- 4 cans of baked beans
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 1/2 cups purée tomato or OR salsa
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker
- Cook on high for three hours
- Stir until desired consistency
Editors note: Do not use fresh pineapple as a substitute. Do not use Pepsi or diet cola. Baked beans can either be in pork sauce or tomato.