Feel full and have a great morning by making this monster meal
Like many people in the world, there are mornings where I sleep in and panic upon realizing I only have half an hour to get across town!
But there are also the mornings where I set my alarm and wake up a couple hours before I have to leave the house. Those mornings are the best. It’s great waking up, stumbling into the shower, and watching TV before the day even starts.
A lot of people are amazed that I watch TV in the mornings, but trust me it’s an awesome way to start the day. Currently I’ve been watching “The Departed” in the morning because frankly there’s nothing better than watching some graphic R-rated violence while drinking my coffee.
Aside from the killer Scorsese pictures that frequent my morning routine, the all-time best reason for getting up early is BREAKFAST!
Some of my best days are launched by the consumption of a breakfast sandwich I’ve dubbed, “The C-Bomb.”
I’ve been making it for years and every time I do, it’s as filling and satisfying as the time before.
The recipe is down below, and obviously it takes up a bit of time to prepare depending on how fast you cook. But hopefully you find it delicious enough to entice you to get up in the morning with plenty of time to spare.
PS. There is no way I make this every morning. I would be so fat! Eat with caution.
3 Tbsp. of margarine
½ cup of caramelized onions
1 Tbsp. of sugar
4 slices of cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. of Cheeze Whiz
½ cup of red peppers
½ tsp. of salt
½ tsp. of pepper
½ tsp. of dill
¼ cup of maple syrup
Bacon (as much as you like)
3 slices of white bread
Ketchup (for dipping)
1. Melt margarine in first sauté pan.
2. Once the margarine is melted, add bacon and cook until desired crispiness (microwave bacon works great as well).
3. Melt margarine in second sauté pan.
4. While margarine is melting, slice the white onion into slivers.
5. Now the margarine should be melted, so add the white onion slivers to the pan.
6. Stir onions.
7. Sprinkle the sugar all over the top of the onions (this is what caramelizes the onions).
8. Turn pan down to medium heat, and let onions cook.
9. While the onions cook, dice the red pepper.
10. Add the red pepper to the pan with the onions and mix.
11. Cook thoroughly then turn down heat to low and let simmer.
12. Cook the three slices of bread in the toaster.
13. Add margarine to third sauté pan and melt.
14. Crack two eggs into the pan once butter is melted and turn heat to medium-high setting.
15. Add the salt, pepper, and dill to the eggs while they cook.
16. Once the bottoms of the eggs are cooked, carefully flip them to cook them in an over-easy fashion (try not to break the yolk).
17. Pour the maple syrup on top of the eggs and finish cooking.
18. Grab the toast and spread Cheeze Whiz on one side of each slice.
19. Then place two slices of cheese on two of the three slices of bread.
20. Take your cooked eggs and place one egg on each piece containing the cheese slices.
21. Then take the onions and peppers and evenly distribute them between the eggs.
22. Place the bacon strips over top of the eggs.
23. Lastly, place one of the pieces of toast that contains an egg and everything else, on top of the other piece, and top with the remaining Cheeze Whiz covered piece of toast (it should be layered like a BLT sandwich).
24. Cut from corner to corner, and dip in ketchup if desired.