- Written by Natalie Holland Natalie Holland
- Published: 16 September 2016 16 September 2016
Members of Mount Royal University’s music conservatory community say they are furious with recent staffing decisions made by senior university administrators.
- Written by MARIA DARDANO and NORA CRUICKSHANK MARIA DARDANO and NORA CRUICKSHANK
- Published: 18 September 2016 18 September 2016
Cultural appropriation is a growing concern in the western world as more elements of foreign cultures are being practiced and emulated in countries like Canada and the United States.
- Written by Michaela Ritchie Michaela Ritchie
- Published: 20 September 2016 20 September 2016
As Halloween draws near, we shine a light on some of our city’s gloomiest ghost stories
Any Calgarian worth their cowboy boots has heard of the Deane House, the Lougheed House, the Prince House, and the Cross House — all local historical haunts, each with backstories that can make even the most cynical skeptics shiver.
Rumours are resurfacing that the Deane House in Inglewood will once again re-open its popular restaurant under new management just in time for Halloween, to the delight of local fright-enthusiasts and history buffs alike.
But as the witching hour approaches, how can Calgarians hope to keep themselves entertained in the meantime?
- Written by Deanna Tucker Deanna Tucker
- Published: 05 September 2016 05 September 2016
How one executive chose life over a deadly cocaine addiction
A picture of success in Calgary’s thriving downtown, he wore the suit, tie and confident smile required of a director of business development. Colleagues boasted of his professional abilities in the boardroom, calling him an “Alpha Hunter.”